Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    You have found our archive! Charming lives on here!
    02.05 One last puzzle before we depart!
    02.01 AC? What AC?
    01.26 Impending URL changes!
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...

Voting Roulette
    (10-23-2017, 10:50 PM)Thom Pettigrew Wrote: @'Barnabas Skeeter' - He is uncomfortable with veela being treated as citizens but is ambivalent about other half-breeds. He's hired a few and would defend them/their rights adamantly as long as they keep doing their jobs. If you think that lines up enough that Barney could sway him, I'm up for a thread!

If that doesn't sound feasible, Alfred has zero opinions on it and could probably pretty easily be swayed to whatever.

I can work with that. Would you mind starting? I'm a rusty bucket of poo when it comes to thread starters right now. He's at the Ministry, TBS, Diagon Alley. He isn't a member of any clubs atm.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Barnabas Skeeter's post:
       Ophelia Dippet
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]
    (10-23-2017, 11:03 PM)Clarissa Cosgrove Wrote:
    (10-23-2017, 10:41 PM)Barnabas Skeeter Wrote: @'Clarissa Cosgrove' Owain and/either Tristan please!

For those who would like 2 threads with me, I can start one and you can start the other? For those with just one, I'm free to start if you aren't.

why yes, I am picking out the voters most likely to already agree with Barney's stance

I'm good with both! Tristan will be going to his campaign event partially for the swag. XD and it might make the most sense for me to start for Owain since it will be a Hogsmeade Weekend (next one is 11/11 so I'll start something in the three broomsticks closer to that date? Unless he'll be letter campaigning XD)

Haha perfect! I'll start a thread for Tristan at the event then and tag you.
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]
    Alfred suits me! And Annabelle can vote actually - she's one of the widows with a son under 17 :p
    Helena SIG by Bex
    gorgeous set by Bex
    Lauren WE TALKED ABOUT PHIL BUT I'M SAYING IT HERE B/C I'M A FORGETFUL WENCH

@'Annabelle Scrimgeour' I would LOVE to thread Ross w/ Andrew!
    @'Clarissa Cosgrove' I'd also love to thread Ross w/ Tristan or Owain or Munny, whichever you'd prefer!

I'll be making a thread for Phil at (probably) the Irvingly Harvest Festival and will probably be marking it see inside/open if anyone would like to jump into that! There's also stealth stump speech for those at Dippetoween! :)
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Annabelle Scrimgeour
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    Antonia would plum for Mister Darrow or Thom - if there was interest
    [Image: NFtAIND.png]
    Amazing Set by Rune! <3
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    @'Antonia Greyback' - Thom is probably a no-go for women candidates because of his previous poor experiences with Madam Flint, but I'm not really 100% sure on that. Alfred is much more likely to be amenable but less influential. If you let me know which you want a thread with and where, I'll start it for you! Thom goes to all UC events, Alfred will be going to everything he is either invited to or can gate crash after like Oct 20th.
    I have two candidates (Justus here is one of them!) who would like to appeal to a punch of people:

@'Eleanora Brownhill' (MCHB, Center-Left, Lady) would like to talk to:
    @'J. Alfred Darrow' because they would already have a rapport via their library thread and she would use any #connections no matter how vague.
    @'Annabelle Bones' because she'd like support from as many women who can vote as possible and might be able to better speak to issues Annabelle is concerned about. She's aware solidarity isn't a guarantee on account of them both being women, though, so she won't press that connection too hard.
    @'Percival Adlard Jr' because he said he's a fan of her books :p Also he has sisters and she could appeal to that.
    @'Owain Edwards' ; they could chat if one of her events falls on a Hogsmeade weekend. And, even if it doesn't, she'll be out and about for visibility, so they could easily run into each other.

@'Justus Pilliwickle' (LCHB, Far Left, No I'm Serious Really Far Left) would like to talk to:
    @'Alfred Clearwater' ; he can talk a decent game and wants some MC support.
    @'Percival Adlard Jr' ; he's a fellow Ministry man and might already know each other given their specific jobs.
    @'Andrew Bingham' ; Justus is SUPER LC FRIENDLY by virtue of being LC himself lmao. They should definitely talk.

BUT GENERALLY THEY ARE OPEN TO TALKING TO ANYONE SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU'D LIKE A THREAD /End Caps

Now, my undecided voters are:
    @'Jacob Babineaux' - MCPB Quidditch player, who couldn't give less of a damn about politics at the moment. He won't vote for anyone he thinks is a dickhead because he's somewhat shallow about who he gives his support to. He might vote for a purist if he feels their views aren't too extreme and they come off as personable/friendly. Open to 1-3 threads with him.
    @'Samson Jane' - MCHB, Member of the Werewolf Capture Unit, politically minded and looking for a candidate who has a platform that includes serious regulation of the halfbreed/werewolf population due to events in his history. He wouldn't go for a purist. Open to 1-3 threads with him.
    @'Prudence Silvertree' - UC"PB" (#secrethalfbreeds), if a woman gets on the ballot, she'll vote for them no question, but in case that doesn't happen, she'll need other options. Anyone openly supportive of halfbreeds could sway her.
    [Image: osRPA1.png]
    Walt can also try to convince voters! That thread is at his wife's campaign ball but he can have hamfisted attempts to swaying people any time, any place. Make him suffer!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Walter Brownhill's post:
       Eleanora Brownhill

@'JUSTUS PILLIWICKLE'
    @'Eleanora Brownhill'

Percy is up for both threads. I can have him at Eleanora's fundraiser if you'd like. And Percy can run into Justus at work. Only thing is my appearance is going to be nonexistent till Sunday and then spotty for the week following. But I am of course more than happy to have a couple of threads.

Wonderful set is a work of art from Lynn!

COME PLAY PERCY'S BELOVED SISTERS

(10-22-2017, 09:43 PM)Thom Pettigrew Wrote: @'Thom Pettigrew' is a voter and potential endorser/sponsor. I can commit to 1-4 threads with him at suitable campaign events, Black's, or misc. If "misc" I have to buy into your thread premise. I can start threads. UPDATE: Thom has two threads ongoing (at T3B and the Halloween party). Interested parties can join in on those, or he has room for 1-2 more threads!

@'J. Alfred Darrow' is  a voter. I can commit to 1-3 threads with him at suitable campaign events, or misc. If "misc" I have to buy into your thread premise. I can start threads. No purist candidates.

I just started a thread for Alfred at Eleanora's campaign ball, which anyone is welcome to come join!

Alfred and Thom are both open for 1-2 more threads.

Based on what little I know about the candidates, I'm most interested in threadding Thom with: @'Herschel Dawlish' @'Eugene Scamander' @'Roman Crouch'. He's avoiding campaign events until he feels like he's ready to support someone, but will be at just about every other event and can be found around town.

I was going to write down who Alfred would be most likely to vote for as well but he has no political opinions. =P So anyone who isn't incredibly classist/purist would work! Throw someone at me, please, because he's the most undecided. =P
    (10-30-2017, 08:09 PM)Percival Adlard Jr Wrote: @'JUSTUS PILLIWICKLE'
    @'Eleanora Brownhill'

Percy is up for both threads. I can have him at Eleanora's fundraiser if you'd like. And Percy can run into Justus at work. Only thing is my appearance is going to be nonexistent till Sunday and then spotty for the week following. But I am of course more than happy to have a couple of threads.

I can start either/both of these if you'd like! Just let me know.
    [Image: mWnyjG.png]
    @'JUSTUS PILLIWICKLE'
    @'ELEANORA BROWNHILL'
    If you wouldn't mind and are still interested - that'd be awesome. Trying to get caught up but work and life are nothing short of insane.

Wonderful set is a work of art from Lynn!

COME PLAY PERCY'S BELOVED SISTERS

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Roulette Hurling Dinner Calla Potts 6 508 02-08-2018, 11:27 AM
    Last Post: Sisse Thompsett
      Election 1887: IC Voting! Aldous Crouch 49 2,997 12-14-2017, 12:01 AM
    Last Post: Killian Macmillan
      Election 1887: OOC Voting! Aldous Crouch 0 398 12-05-2017, 11:00 AM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
      DADA Roulette Nikolai Sleptov 22 1,444 11-07-2017, 08:49 PM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      I Swear It's Not Hurling Roulette Rufina Mulciber 36 3,972 09-20-2015, 12:04 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter