Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    You have found our archive! Charming lives on here!
    02.05 One last puzzle before we depart!
    02.01 AC? What AC?
    01.26 Impending URL changes!
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...

Ladies' Quidditch
    So there I was, wishing Thom had something interesting to do with his business so that I could get him threads that aren't with ladies of potentially loose morals, and all of the sudden... in-character business ideas develop in the middle of a thread. I am delighted and I'm running with it but I NEED SOME SUPPORT.

The basic idea is that Thom wants to pioneer a new type of game which is like Quidditch, but aimed exclusively at the female population. This is a win/win/win in his book: win for women who want to be athletic but who have reservations about throwing propriety to the wind (or whose families have reservations), win for more traditional types who don't think there should be so many women in professional Quidditch/who disapprove of girls playing it at Hogwarts, and most especially a win for Quality Quaffle & Snitch, which will have a brand new shiny line of equipment to market to the potential players of this shiny new sport.

The exact logistics are mostly still TBD. The game wouldn't involve bludgers, but Thom doesn't want it to be totally toothless either because that's no fun to watch. If it ever gets to the point of having a professional league there will be fewer matches than pro Quidditch both because it'll probably start out with relatively few teams and because it would be designed to be less of a career and more something that a lady could do in her spare time whilst still being a lady. But I'm getting ahead of myself by a long shot here, so let's back up.

The first thing he will be on the lookout for is a campaign face. This would be a woman who is no longer in school, ACAB, flexible age. Would need to be reasonably respectable but I'm not going to put a rep cap on it because it matters more what they're known for than how many stars they have :P She would have creative input into how the new sport should be formatted and played, design input into the new equipment, and then go forth and try and sell this game to women everywhere. If she's a potential member of the phoenix society that might be a good jumping off point, but I'm very flexible on the publicity side of things. Thom's a pro at public image and can "smooth" her out a bit if necessary before thrusting her out into the world.

The ideal candidate would probably be athletically inclined but not have played pro Quidditch. She'll have to either make some statements about/heavily imply that professional Quidditch would be better with less women involved, so it's really up to you... if you have a past professional player who would say all that for enough money, that's your deal :P

Once they've got the logistics figured out, Thom will probably approach @'Phineas Black' about getting the game introduced at the school. QQS would fully fund the program/provide the equipment and possibly send the lady above to teach/referee it if she's up for that. That stage (no earlier than mid-next-semester to give them time to get everything together, probably more realistically the start of next school year) would involve some amount of female students interested in playing, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it. :P

For right now what I really need more than anything else is the lady mentioned above. If anyone is particularly in favor of this and interested in investing, or particularly opposed and wants to make a scene about it, I can take those sorts of offers, too, but nothing can really get rolling without Thom's product lead/co-conspirator. ^^
    [-] The following 2 users Like Thom Pettigrew's post:
       Aeror, Hamish Darrow

She's not active rn but could be come December and is both the athletic sort and a bubbly socialite, so here, have @'Gwenda Cadwallader' if you want her. If not, no biggie xD
    She'd fit very nicely if she has no objection to working (and her husband etc. also don't mind).

If someone else has a currently active character who would fit I'm still game for other options, but if I don't hear anything I'll hit you up on Skype as we approach December :)
    [-] The following 2 users Like Thom Pettigrew's post:
       Aeror, Aldous Crouch

Phineas cautiously says no. He's got enough of a headache with quidditch itself, even if this is more "proper" he's still reeling from the ban and isn't sure about MORE girls being athletic. He might be open to a club sport, but I'm not sure xD

We could thread it out at some point to see how persuasive Thom can be ;)
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    (11-12-2017, 12:26 PM)Elsie Beauregard Wrote: Phineas cautiously says no. He's got enough of a headache with quidditch itself, even if this is more "proper" he's still reeling from the ban and isn't sure about MORE girls being athletic. He might be open to a club sport, but I'm not sure xD

I'm very down for threading it out! Probably in a few months because I'd need to flesh out the logistics first and that's all better if it happens IC.

And while Thom might have some very distant pipe dream about it one day being played alongside Quidditch at school, he'd definitely start by suggesting it as a club sport :) And it'd be a "I scratch your back you scratch mine" situation because he'd want to use it as a 'test platform' before launching the adult line of everything, so he'd approach this as a "favor" and downplay it as much as possible. And he can come armed with a myriad of selling points to convince Phinny ;D
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Elsie Beauregard
    (11-12-2017, 02:19 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:
    (11-12-2017, 12:26 PM)Elsie Beauregard Wrote: Phineas cautiously says no. He's got enough of a headache with quidditch itself, even if this is more "proper" he's still reeling from the ban and isn't sure about MORE girls being athletic. He might be open to a club sport, but I'm not sure xD

I'm very down for threading it out! Probably in a few months because I'd need to flesh out the logistics first and that's all better if it happens IC.

And while Thom might have some very distant pipe dream about it one day being played alongside Quidditch at school, he'd definitely start by suggesting it as a club sport :) And it'd be a "I scratch your back you scratch mine" situation because he'd want to use it as a 'test platform' before launching the adult line of everything, so he'd approach this as a "favor" and downplay it as much as possible. And he can come armed with a myriad of selling points to convince Phinny ;D

Haha okay, just let me know when you need me!
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    (11-12-2017, 12:04 PM)Thom Pettigrew Wrote: She'd fit very nicely if she has no objection to working (and her husband etc. also don't mind).

Gwen wouldn't consider it a job so much as a thing she does to fill her time (esp. as she's not yet pregnant). She also breeds winged horses and organizes hunting parties, so it wouldn't be far out of left field for her XD
    after a splinching incident in july 1884, aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp.
    [Image: xndky8.jpg]
    set by bree
    I'm bringing Summer back and she would totally support this. I'm not to sure what kind of role she'd play as she never played or was that athletic herself, Her step-mother died on a broom and she was quite pleased when her sister didn't make tryouts so I could see her try to support this! I suppose then this is more of tracking kinda thing then for some closer to when things come to action!
    [Image: wrib0n.png]
    amazing set by RUNE! thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Amateur Quidditch Tournament Thom Pettigrew 23 1,385 02-04-2018, 12:42 AM
    Last Post: Ophelia Dippet
      IC Quidditch Tryouts 1887 Odira Potter 32 2,525 09-08-2017, 02:03 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Ladies who lunch Cecily Carmichael 12 844 07-08-2017, 02:26 PM
    Last Post: Citrine Weasley
      HEY NEW QUIDDITCH PLAYERS Cassius Lestrange 5 523 06-09-2017, 09:08 PM
    Last Post: Demelza McGonagall