Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    You have found our archive! Charming lives on here!
    02.05 One last puzzle before we depart!
    02.01 AC? What AC?
    01.26 Impending URL changes!
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...

Soph's Retcons
    I'm making this thread to keep all of my retcon stuff in one place!

Ellory:
    She was never kidnapped by Evil Muggleborns TM in... 1883? Yeah never happened.
    The dissolvement of her betrothal with Edward will be updated so it's less dramatic. (Lauren and I talked about it to this accord)
    Aaand that's it.

Seneca:
    SHE WAS ALSO NEVER KIDNAPPED BY EVIL MUGGLEBORNS wtf teenaged soph. Jenny do what you want with Gretchen.

Javert:
    He'll be MC and HB on the new site! Also maybe less extra Frenchman. And a Gryffindor instead of a Slytherin. His family will still own the theatre. His sisters are both alive and around and will have less Extra and Les Mis-y names.

@'Annette Fontaine' @'Cassius Lestrange'

Katherina:
    Her daughter Lucille will still be alive and married to some rando NPC pureblood unless someone fancies making her.
    Kimon Selwyn will be a NEW PERSON. If that's okay with Kayte, I'd like for him to never have been ~disowned over a bastard and just be a boring UCPB dude. If not, then he was overlooked becaue of Edric's fancies rather than because he was the weirdo we know an don't love. xD
    He was also either never betrothed to @'Frida Lestrange', or they were but none of that weird stuff happened and the betrothal was dissolved assuming the Edric Slughorn stuff remains.

@'Aldous Crouch' @'Ophelia Dippet' @'Valeria Greengrass' @'Helena Macmillan'

Ruby:
    I'd like for her to be a Gryffindor on the new site! I really feel like that house fits her way better than Hufflepuff and tbh it's not such a big change. Characters have changed Houses all the time when they were made by new people, so~

@'Demelza McGonagall'

Marcus:
    I kinda want to make him a few years younger so he's on the younger side of 30s than the older.

Percy:
    Lynn told me something about him being younger. Stuff. He's new so who the fuck cares lol
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ellory Pendergast's post:
       Helena MacMillan
    Edward can chill the fuck out.

I am thrilled by any of Kath's kids coming back from the dead - I'm still on the fence over whether I want Angel's mom or not.

Marcus and Penny can be closer in age #win

Annnnd Idgaf about the age of Lucy's spawn. She won't remember anyway so *shrug*
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Helena MacMillan's post:
       Ellory Pendergast
    Helena SIG by Bex
    gorgeous set by Bex
    Priam Lestrange: Never married the first time. @'Nephele Lestrange' was his first wife and Odysseus (?) his first kid. That way their house will be a little bit less crowded.

I also kinda want for his mother (Sylvia Lestrange) to have survived the plague so Lauren can play her I feel like half of the Lestrange players don't even remember that lady, so her being alive won't fuck up anything? O:)

I also think I will scrap that crap about him almost dying and going spiritual and shit. He'll still have quit the Dept of Magical Co Operation so I don't fuck up Aldous, but it was a lot less dramatic. I was thinking that he resigned after getting a wizengamot seat? Or he could have had a small-ish but lasting injury and that's why he resigned. He'll still be on the conservative side re: magic, muggles and pure bloods but maybe less dramatically so. Like people will be "oh he's one of the conservative purebloods" rather than "lol that crazy man".

@'Aldous Crouch' @'Cassius Lestrange' @'Ophelia Dippet' @'Valeria Greengrass' @'Elsie Beauregard' @'Gertrude Baker'
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ellory Pendergast's post:
       Aldous Crouch, Elsie Beauregard
    Elmer Macmillan: Will be retconned so he was never a lawyer. Or maybe he did start out as a Ministry intern but he quit before he could do anything significant with it.
    I'll retcon her and her family so their surname was Merrythought to begin with! I am also toying with the idea of her not being an auror but involved with dark magic in some other way... Like an Unspeakable, or some shit. xD

@'Barnabas Skeeter' (If the surname change is alright!)
    [-] The following 2 users Like Galatea Merrythought's post:
       Aldous Crouch, Barnabas Skeeter
    [Image: s5bukEc.png]
    photobucket tried, but couldn't deprive me of this wonderful mj set <3

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Soph's Retcons & Updates Ellory Pendergast 5 553 02-27-2018, 05:53 AM
    Last Post: Clarissa Cosgrove
      Emma's Retcons Clarissa Cosgrove 8 680 02-21-2018, 03:26 PM
    Last Post: Ellory Pendergast