Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    You have found our archive! Charming lives on here!
    02.05 One last puzzle before we depart!
    02.01 AC? What AC?
    01.26 Impending URL changes!
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...

The Great Retconning
    AKA
    [Image: nevmindallthat.png]
    THE THREAD

I'll be storing all my retconning information here. I figure all my new people will be safe from it because they're new and thus have almost nothing to retcon from an IC perspective lmao. ANYWAY onto the real stuff.

Souri: She will be undergoing p. extensive reconstruction considering I had no idea what I was doing re: some VE stuff when I first made her like there's no reason for to have her mother's last name wtf self. SO on the new board Souri will be changed in the following ways: 
    • Her last name will be changed to O'Leary or something suitably Irish because of her dad.
    • She'll probably be middle class but I haven't decided on that for sure yet. 
    • She will no longer be a bastard. Her mother and father will have been married, he'll just have been a shitty absent father until after her mother's death when he got himself together. 
    • Her mother will not have died in childbirth, but probably one of the plagues. 
    • Her aunt will have only come into the picture upon her mother's death and would've only spent a few months - a year taking care of her. 
    • She'll have completed all seven years of schooling which means NEWTs and a chance to actually do something with her ambitions. She'll still have a love of cooking and be amazing at it bc I say so, but it won't be her job anymore. 
    • Some other stuff that I haven't thought of yet 
    I don't think that this really affects anyone else, but if does pls let me know and we can discuss lmao. 

Ivory: Culling the cousins that I never did anything with and don't make sense considering her current plots. Also IDK I feel like there's more to change with her but I can't think of anything rn.

Jacob: Will become UC because it currently makes no sense for him to be MC >> Probably cutting some minor things in his history out because I meant to facilitate IC drama with them and never did. Nothing that would affect anyone else. 

Prudence: Either killing, erasing, or forever!NPCing her half-veela sisters. Making her non-human parentage have more bearing on her personality and behavior than it previously did. Maybe culling some of her half-siblings.  @'Modesty Beechworth' lmk what you think.

Waffle: To be discussed w Bree and other Whitledge players. Though, whatever happens he'll still be a huge nuisance so.

Zian: He'll be changing in the following ways:
    • TBH I'm making him younger by a few years so his need for kids isn't so urgent lmao. Also so he's closer to his face's actual age. Probably 3-4 years. 
    • Cutting some of his sisters or at least making the ones who are twins Not Twins because they'll likely never be played and it doesn't really matter. 
    • Also cutting his dead wife mostly because I keep forgetting he has one and it has next to no bearing on anything I've done thus far IC. 
    • I might retcon the fact that he came here with his two youngest sisters because they've never been played, only mentioned by him in IC narration and used as reasons for him to be social when he doesn't want to. 
    • I might also chop and screw his history so that he was educated in the UK for the sake of him having some connections that existed prior to adulthood. IDK if that affects his position as a liaison for the Ministry (not that I've done much with it anyway >>) but if it does he'll have some other government job or do whatever I think is most interesting for him.  

So yes, please throw in your 2 cents if any of this affects you and even if it doesn't TBH because I'd like to hear some opinions as I plan on tinkering with things.
    tag souri avninder in your replies.
    I vote Souri's new last name doesn't have an apostrophe in it because if she's still gonna be your main account I'll never be able to tag you. :P

unless the tagging system is going to change in which case I have no input
    [-] The following 2 users Like Thom Pettigrew's post:
       Ruth Lockhart, Souri Avninder

^ the tagging system is as far as I know still unable to process apostrophes
    [-] The following 2 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
       Aldous Crouch, Souri Avninder
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    I forgot about the tags and apostrophes! She will still be my main account so I should probably make sure I stay away from that >.> Thanks guys!
    tag souri avninder in your replies.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Nichole is Retconning Calla Potts 0 164 01-08-2018, 05:49 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Tiff Is Retconning (some) Valeria Greengrass 2 269 11-20-2017, 08:20 PM
    Last Post: Valeria Greengrass
      The Great Boggart Hunt Nikolai Sleptov 5 828 03-28-2016, 07:09 PM
    Last Post: Nikolai Sleptov
      The Great Line of Winkle Barry Wee Willie Winkle 18 2,362 08-23-2015, 07:37 AM
    Last Post: Eli Swan